Monday 7 June 2010

Does this mean I've run out of ideas?

Music Meme/Quiz
--------------------------
Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line (or a few ;)) from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Italicise the lyrics and post the details when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: For those who are guessing -- looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game post your own.
--------------------------

01. You followed me 'round the side/I asked you for a light/And a cigarette

02. Fred sits alone at his desk in the dark/There's an awkward young shadow that waits in the hall
Fred Jones, Pt. 2 - Ben Folds

03. Well you know that I heart everything about you/And that's why it's quite hard to get through this alone

04. I want my money back
Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back - Meat Loaf

05. Survived, tonight I may be going down/'Cause everything goes round too tight

06. You say it's not going to work out/Why do you have to tell me now?

07. My lullaby, hung out to dry
Smoke - Natalie Imbruglia

08. There's a saying that I read/saying fools was easy led

09. Somedays I look/I look at you with eyes that shine
Somedays - Paul McCartney

10. She broke down and let me in/Made me see where I've been

11. Today's special is Springfield Soul Stew

12. Spunky don't like her uniform/It never fits her good

13. Paint the target/We don't need no evidence

14. A thousand years, a thousand more/A thousand times a million doors to eternity
A Thousand Years - Sting

15. Underneath the bridge/The tarp has sprung a leak

16. Words fall from my mouth/Like plates from shaking hands

17. I used to be lunatic from the gracious days/I used to be woebegone and so restless nights

18. Howard, the strangest things/have happened lately when I/take a good swing at all my dreams/they pivot and slip

19. I've been thinking that you've crossed the line/If you disappeared that would be just fine

20. Come on Balthazar I refuse to let you die/Come on fallen star I refuse to let you die

21. She's quiet when shes down/Strangers from other towns

22. If there's a God he's laughing at us/And our football team
Effington - Ben Folds

23. I've tried hard to do my best (ooh baby)/So I could stand out from the rest (yeah)

24. Sing, Michael, sing/On the route of the 19 Bus

25. Laura/Can't you give me some time?
Laura - Scissor Sisters

26. How did we ever go this far?/You touch my hand and start the car
Stars - t.A.T.u.

27. Hi Time magazine, hi Pulitzer Prize/Tribal scars in Technicolor/Bang bang club AK 47 hour

28. Don't go away/There is something that I want to say

29. Just when I thought I was safe/You found me in my hiding place

30. She can walk out anytime/Anytime she wants to walk out


Good luck with this, five of the song titles are contained within the first line of their respective songs. And at least two first lines have part of the song title in them. Again, good luck. You have a week!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

2. Fred Jones Pt. 2 - Ben Folds
22. Effington - Ben Folds

Matthew Cochrane said...

04. I want my money back
Life Is A Lemon and I Want My Money Back - Meat Loaf

07. My lullaby, hung out to dry
Smoke - Natalie Imbruglia

09. Somedays I look/I look at you with eyes that shine
Somedays - Paul McCartney

14. A thousand years, a thousand more/A thousand times a million doors to eternity
A Thousand Years - Sting

25. Laura/Can't you give me some time?
Laura - Scissor Sisters

26. How did we ever go this far?/You touch my hand and start the car
Stars - t.A.T.u