Friday 1 January 2010

Does this mean I have to change my calendar?

Years ago I was at a new years party at my ex-girlfriend's little sister's house. The first thing I had to do on the morning of the new year was to help muck out a stable full of horses. Nothing like smelling of crap first thing in the year.

This year I had to go outside and shovel snow. Again. The snow was nice for the first few days but two weeks later and it's still here, and now it's compacted and frozen and difficult to shift off of my path. Not even a seven pound sledgehammer was doing the job. Needless to say I worked until I could no longer feel my toes or face, looked upon what I had done and proclaimed to the world in general that "It'll do." and came back in the house to warm myself up with a coffee-flavoured kettle juice.

So what does this day have planned for me? Well, got my Aunt, Uncle and oldest cousin coming so I will probably eat until I burst. Then I shall sneak off and watch Doctor Tennant become Doctor Smith and then probably treat myself to my first DVD of 2010 which shall be Austin Powers; The Spy Who Shagged Me. How did they get away with that as a movie title?

Anyway, I wish everyone out there in this sphere of blog a very Happy New Year and all the best for the year ahead. I hope however you choose to spend it that it's a good one!

No comments: