Tuesday 8 December 2009

Ten Things I Love About Christmas.

1. The general mood in the air.
No matter what anyone says there is a Christmas spirit; it's a cheeriness in the air. Lovely. I'm going to Glasgow two days before Christmas (Christmas Eve Eve) to soak it all up.

2. Mince Pies.
I love mince pies. We only get three months of sweet mince pie goodness before the government takes them away again. Got to enjoy them while you can.

3. Wondering if it'll be a white Christmas.
It never bloody is a white Christmas, but it's fun to wonder. If it does snow on Christmas Day it'll be a light covering that I will slip on and fall over. Becuase that's just what I do.

4. The Christmas copy of the Radio Times.
Does it get any better? A bumper edition of the Radio Times detailing everything you could want to know about what's on on the box in the corner of the room over the festive period. Christmas officially starts for me with the Christmas Radio Times.

5. The smell of Mulled Wine.
I'm not hugely keen on the taste (although I will drink it) but the smell is a proper festive smell. Like Christmas pudding. Or sprouts.

6. Sprouts.
I L.O.V.E. sprouts. They are all forms of awesome. Get some bread sauce, a sprout and some stuffing on your fork and it's like there's a party in your mouth. If you can spear a parsnip then more power to you. Parsnips are awesome as well.

7. The Doctor Who Christmas Special.
How many of these have there been? Four? I think the fifth one's this year. But it's become a real tradition for families to sit down and watch this show on Christmas Day. I do it. I'll be doing it this year in the hope that maybe, just maybe, Martha turns up.

8. Crackers.
Because, you know, I'm childish.

9. Fairytale Of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl.
This song is brilliant. Probably one of the best Christmas songs out there. I also like Wombling Merry Christmas. I you would like to know why see point eight.

10. Spending time with the people I love.
After all, that's what Christmas is all about, isn't it?

No comments: